1. Broken Bells - "The High Road" (Broken bells)
Broken Bells is comprised of James Mercer (Singer/Lead Guitarist of The Shins) and Danger Mouse (Gnarls Barkley, Gorrilaz, Beck, Black Keys, & Jay-Z/Beatles mash-up The Gray Album). This is wistful dreamy spacey electro-pop. Great to zone-out with.
2. Dessa - "Dixon's Girl" (A Badly Broken Code)
Dessa belongs to Hip-Hop artist P.O.S. label/crew Doomtree. She is a philosophy major and accomplished poet. She sings and raps beautiful stories. There is something honest, feminine, and rugged about this girl. Don't sleep.
3. Whaleface - "Gunslinger" (Mind Your Pros And Cons)
Think Pennywise, Ignite, pool skating, and adults...Yup, great great stuff....super under-appreciated!
4. Xavier Rudd - "The Letter" (Food In Your Belly)
Australian pro-surfer who's lyrics deal with injustices done to the indigenous people of Australia. he also sings about life, love, and spirituality. All with a chill laid back attitude. Some of his songs even have Digerado's in them!
5. Jimi Hendrix - "Valleys Of Neptune" (Valleys Of Neptune)
If you don't know who Jimi Hendrix is....jump off a cliff because you are a dumbass. This is from a new album which was released last week. Someone stumbled cross some unrealesed studio tracks of his and decided to put this out. It's phenomenal!
6. Brzowski - "Life On A Shell Ft. J.Lee" (Blooddrive Vol. 2 -The Wreckage Between)
Brzowski hails from Portland, Maine and his part of the Milled Pavement Collective. He is an amazing lyricist and is heading in big directions. His style is kind-of similar to Sage Francis.
7. Alison Krauss - "Everytime You Say Goodbye" (Everytime You Say Goodbye)
Beautiful voice that has been on the circuit for a long time. She released a colabo album with Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin fame a couple of years back. She creates beautiful music that transcends genre boundaries. Blurring the lines between country, folk, bluegrass, rock, indie, and soul.
8. The Bouncing Souls - "Ghosts On The Boardwalk" (Ghosts On The Boardwalk)
In 2009 the Bouncing Souls celebrated their 20th anniversary as a band by releasing a new song on the first of each month throughout the year, via digital download. They also pressed these songs onto a series of 7" vinyl records which they sold everywhere they went during a year-long tour. This album is all of those songs. This is one of those songs.
9. Billie Holiday - "No Regrets" (Lady Day Collection)
The great Jazz singer that revolutionized the genre. Get classy and listen to her and appreciate her!
10. Cecil Otter - "Rebel Yellow" (Rebel Yellow)
Another member of P.O.S.'s label/crew Doomtree. This guy is very articulate sharp with his witty lyrics. He has also won tons of spoken word and poetry contests. Get into it!
11. Broken Bells - "Vaporize" (Broken Bells)
(Look at the top)
12. Dessa - "Mineshaft II" (A Badly Broken Code)
(Look at the top)